In anticipation of Walt Disney Pictures’ 3D high-tech adventure, TRON: LEGACY, in theaters on Dec. 17, 2010 — Marvel Comics is proud to announce variant covers celebrating the film. Beginning in November, the Marvel Universe gets “TRON-ified” on selected variant covers featuring Marvel’s biggest heroes-Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and more-re-interpreted out in the unique visual style of the TRON universe.
The issues featuring TRON variants, and spotlighted characters, are as follows:
• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #651 TRON Variant, featuring Spider-Man
• AVENGERS #7 TRON Variant. featuring Spider-Woman
• AVENGERS ACADEMY #7 TRON Variant, featuring Quicksilver
• CAPTAIN AMERICA #612 TRON Variant, featuring Captain America
• INCREDIBLE HULKS #618 TRON Variant, featuring Ghost Rider
• INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #33 TRON Variant, featuring Iron Man
• NEW AVENGERS #7 TRON Variant, featuring Ms. Marvel
• SECRET AVENGERS #7 TRON Variant, featuring Moon Knight
• THOR #617 TRON Variant, featuring Thor
• WOLVERINE #4 TRON Variant, featuring Wolverine
An unprecedented one-time event bringing together the world’s greatest super heroes with the hotly-anticipated blockbusters of the year, TRON: LEGACY, no pop culture fan can afford to miss Marvel’s TRON Variant Covers!
“This January, we’re putting the focus squarely on the characters and iconic heroes of the DCU,” said DCU Co-Publisher Dan DiDio. “Not only will we tell new stories some of the more-deserving with special one-shots, but we’ll be giving every title in the line a unique treatment that puts the spotlight on the heroes and villains that populate the DC Universe.”
You can see the placeholder covers below, when the actual covers come out I’ll put them here.
via DC Blog